Thursday, June 6, 2013

Guava and Pool Blue.


What? ok...better send me some swatches. Sometimes I would like to strangle that gremlin that gives colors strange names. Our first introduction to it was about first grade and when we were looking through a box of 64 crayola crayons. Adding decorations to our carriages to customize the look for our brides I deal with it still on a regular basis.

Add to the complication the fact that colors change hue according to what kind of light you are looking at them in and you have yet one more wrinkle to worry over. Of course I want everything to be perfect and I am surprised how often I am. Even so, you cant help but question your judgement when you get a dicey request like guava and pool blue.

Thankfully this customer sent swatches which I was able to lay directly on the flowers I picked. The guava one with a note saying it needed to be a little darker than the swatch. I hope I got it right. Crossing fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment